Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by JoeBob
https://casetext.com/case/howard-v-state-924

Howard v. State, 227 Ga. App. 5, 8 (Ga. Ct. App. 1997) (“(b) "A person commits the offense of burglary when, without authority and with the intent to commit a felony or theft therein, he enters or remains within the dwelling house of another. . . ." OCGA § 16-7-1 (a). Here, the State proved that Ellison's dwelling was entered without her permission or authority. Brinson v. State, 208 Ga. App. 556, 557 (3), 558 ( 430 S.E.2d 875). The presence of valuables, such as Ellison's television, is sufficient to support an inference of defendant's intent to steal. Miller v. State, 208 Ga. App. 547 (1) ( 430 S.E.2d 873). In the case sub judice, the evidence was sufficient to authorize the jury's verdict that defendant is guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt, of burglary as alleged in the indictment.”)

So year old state case.

Besides, a TV sure doesn't sound like the 2x4's being discussed above.

I might be wrong, but it would go from petty theft to a felony based on the value of said good... in my state it is $500 I think. Then within a reasonable doubt they would have to prove he could walk off with $500 (in my states case) of the building materials....