Originally Posted by Hastings
When I was a state game warden for 30 years very often a property owner would complain to me about trespassers. I would offer to help them capture a trespasser only if they would guarantee me they would sign their name as property owner on an affidavit in support of an arrest warrant or citation for trespass. All too often they backed out upon being told this. Was hard for them to understand that I couldn't win a charge without the victim verifying that his property was in fact violated illegally. At this point I would suggest they write a letter to the trespasser if he was known and advise him not to enter the property for any purpose. They usually wanted me to go talk to the suspected or known trespasser. I would tell them I wasn't a social worker and I needed the option of arrest if things went south and that I required a verified complaint from the property owner and his promise to support prosecution. Have we noticed the property owner in this case has washed his hands of ever complaining about trespassers. Now Dad and Jr. are in a world of spit for attempting to help a neighbor with trespass. They were stupid to do it but I can't help but feel sorry for everyone involved except the property owner who has now pretty well sided up against the folks who very stupidly tried to help him.

Ahh yes. Liberals.. who don't want to be "involved".

Last edited by local_dirt; 05/19/20.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH