Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by mirage243
I don't know the facts in this case, but I'd lay 10-1 odds for a substantial amount of money, that the deceased was not out for a jog.
You could very well be right. But, from what you saw on the video did the black jogger have the right to resist being accosted and cut off by the gun wielding person?

I was accosted by a team of men, all armed, demanding I stop and talk to them, tell them what I'm doing in the neighborhood, where I live, etc..

I was taking my typical evening stroll, and I was a few blocks from my home. I guess it was more than ten years ago. Quite dark out. I turned a corner, and from four blocks away I saw bright headlights lighting me up, to the point I was blinded by them. I decided to go one block further before turning south, so as to avoid walking into these bright lights. However, then I heard tires screeching, and the headlights were quickly barreling down on my location ... two or three vehicles (been a while, so I can't remember which). As they bore down on me, I quickly stepped off the road onto the grass of someone's home, hoping to avoid being run down. The vehicles all stopped in front of me, and several men came out with guns, charged at me demanding I identify myself, and why I was out walking in this area. They also demanded my address, and wanted to know why I suddenly changed direction when I saw their vehicles a few blocks away.

I told them all the answers to their questions, including why I changed direction, and they all came over, smiled, shook my hand, and apologized if they startled me . They were all uniformed cops, in marked patrol vehicles, looking for a criminal last seen in the area.

Your comparison of your incident with the "jogger" incident in question is basically comparing apples and space rocks. You quoted me and left out the very pertinent part of my question which described the people accosting said "jogger" as "civilian and non law enforcement". Sort of dishonest to quote a person out of context if the part you leave out changes the question in a major way. I don't mind out of context if the most important thrust of the question is not omitted.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."