Bristoe, your balls are ready for the ball, hey? What did you coat them with?

I'm thinking (odd this early in the morning) a short version of the .22 CCM would be a path if any brass was available. Admittedly, the .32 Auto Crat Pacifier has a certain, well, mebbe delete the Auto part and it's the opposite of PC on several levels, and that ain't a bad thing. I like a little bit of rim though. Hmmmm.....

Just back from putting the mic on a few things and find the following numbers:

Small pistol primer diameter - .175"
Large rifle primer diameter - .209"
.22 LR case diameter forward of the rim - .225"
.22 LR rim diameter - .273"

Yeah, it needs a rimmed case. If a fella rolls with the LRP/LPP you might get some snappy velocity with nothing more in the case, especially with round balls. Helluva tool for introducing youngsters into the world of shooting/reloading etc.

It gives a bit of a sense of tedium unless one owns a Dillon or other high volume production equipment. On top of that, went out yesterday and cast up a batch of 200 Lyman 225438 bullets, put the gas checks on (they are destined for the Hornet) and sized the little buggers. Didn't know that fingers keep growing like ears and noses. Thinking there is one helluva marketing niche here for Hornady and the swagged lead bullets they sell. That would be for the well off amongst us, otherwise we can cast and move on.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain