Today is trivia day!

My somewhat cynical view of US manufactured ammo priming methodology is illustrated below.

Wolf priming on the left, WW on the right. To be fair, I found the sloppy style of priming on all US ammo examined which includes CCI, W-W, Federal. The thing that was disappointing was the wild variation witnessed within each brand/style. This is countered by the remarkably uniform priming found in Wolf/SK ammo.

[Linked Image]

A second image is self explanatory for the most part and gives a thousand word view of the differences in powder that I have been using (Bullseye/700X) in comparison with the sample salvaged from the Wolf ammo. I see little difference in appearance of the powder in US manufactured ammo, and that from Europe, though they are fairly different from each other. I did see some US stuff with similar color tone as the other, but the flake size was different.

[Linked Image]

Because I have altered the style of lube grooves, the next round will repeat previous loads to compare performance resulting from that single factor. When that is evaluated I will burn some of the Wolf powder for comparison.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain