As this progresses stray thoughts occur and I'm curious about what others think. Recall somewhere in the past I posted a pic of my case cleaning tool, a bamboo skewer with some steel wool wrapped around. It has evolved to use bronze wool and does a remarkable job of cleaning the cases after firing.

[Linked Image]

So here I am, seating primers with a hammer, cleaning cases with bamboo, not having to size, using a file to knurl the bullets and a makeshift size die as a taper crimp tool. The Rockchucker is used to decap the cases after firing, but it isn't necessary. Not visible in the photo above is a feature of the load block which provides for decapping by use of a small center punch and my wee hammer. See the top hole in this image....high tech decapping station. Haaarrrrhhh!

[Linked Image]

All of this causes me to vacillate in regards to the ideal load tools, pun intended. Given a modicum of hand tools it is entirely possible that 4H shooting clubs, Boy Scouts and so forth could introduce our youth into the art of hand loading at modest expense. Maybe even bullet casting? Or there is the certainty that some of us dogmatic minutia maniacs might wish to build match grade ammo and that would benefit from use of more conventional loading tools and equipment. In short, I feel strongly both ways and wonder what you loonies think as well.

Thoughts?

DD

Last edited by DigitalDan; 04/14/18.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain