Originally Posted by CrowRifle
Would the epoxy be too brittle to allow for re-sizing the case?

The whole idea , and definition of an everlasting case is one that is formed or machined to final dimensions, and than NEVER touched with any sort of tool again. I've made them out of very economical, dreamy to machine 12L14 STEEL,.....the ONLY reason for sleeving an existing .32, or 38 BRASS case is that one can avail himself of standard SAAMI reamers, ....reground and piloted for the appropriate bore size,.....none of this high $$$$, wait forever, deal, from fella's that are already buried in work. I can tool post grind a .357 mag reamer in my little South Bend, to perfectly functional form, to pilot into a .32, .30, 28, 25.....whatever.
. For .25 cal, I'd LOVE to have a bucket .32 shorts to play with. wink
The "Epoxy" that I'm looking at is flying around in the vacuum of deep space right now, going through heating and cooling cycles that would boggle most minds,....you DON'T scoop it off the shelf down at Ace hardware.
As far as ductility and ability to expand and contract while maintaining bond strength, consider that there are many newer aircraft zooming about that have no rivets securing their main wing spars to the fuselage,.....they're GLUING them in.
GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain