Well, I did it. Finally. grin

This journey has spanned a couple of years and likely will take some more of my time on a few minor points. Suffice to say it has been an interesting and educational adventure. I am at a crossroads with this and will say that I will continue to tinker with it, but at the same time am comfortable with where it has led for both subsonic and supersonic loads. The project has illustrated a number of things from a technical perspective. It does not require sophisticated tools or dies. Very minor changes have significant impact. Small flaws are not tolerated well insofar as precision is concerned. Of course your version of precision and mine may be different things. It was quite some time ago that this package was functional for hunting small game in the 30-50 yard range in my opinion. Today it demonstrated with some clarity it was squirrel capable at 50.

Couple of images for the record:

Federal primers still have rounded edges. I fumbled up on this as 3 cases were on a shelf when I took the picture...they look the same.
[Linked Image]

The brass extracted easily with no indication(s) of incipient failure. This was the second round of shooting for the brass pictured above.

Double bag rest at 50 yards and in the shade.

[Linked Image]

Fouling rounds were fired at top center, and the rest in numerical sequence. I had not fiddled with Bullseye for quite some time but figured what the heck, it was a new horizon with the brass, primers and charge. All loads ranged from what I estimate to be 90-95% load density and it seems the extra ooomph has stabilize affairs to some degree. Group #5 made me smile a bit.

Things that need doin'..........

-Examine whether or not annealing the RCC brass will alleviate the need for a crimping tool.
-If not, fabricate one.
-Upgrade the mould, or heaven forbid, find someone that can make a precision hammer swage which would be my preference.
-Build a CF bolt for my 10/22 to verify function and performance. I have no reservations whatsoever this will work.

I am hopeful that one or more players in the industry will put this idea into production. To my eye it is a marketer's dream on may levels. Why you ask?

a) It will open the world to educational experience and training for both adults and kids.
b) It will allow manufacturers to offer firearm options individually or in package format
c) Vulnerability to market aberrations will be far less significant
d) It opens another door for marketing/competition of reloading supplies

There's probably a few more, if so, fill in the blanks

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions and when you get a chance, spread the news.

Dan

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain