I guess I"m a little late to the party.

I wasn't aware of this project until pretty recently, and I'm interested, especially as I've been working on something similar.

The .22 ladybug was my answer to whatever the question was that I was asking at the time. For me the outcome was based on practicality of making the brass. I started using hornet brass, but when I got to the final dimensions, I realized that .25 ACP brass could be used with less trimming and work.

Sadly my project hasn't had the time dedicated to it that I'd like, but I've had good results with the limited work I've done.

The finished design next to a LR round

[Linked Image]

So far I have 2 rifles in the caliber, a 16.25" Contender (easiest conversion ever!) and a 24" H&A falling block. All accuracy and velocity testing has been through the contender.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Case capacity is fairly low at avg 3.91 grains water capacity. As a result, powder charges are low. I'm currently experimenting with titegroup powder, as it's very conducive to the small capacity and bore of the cartridge. 1.1 grains of TG is pushing a 40 grain cast bullet (BHN 12-13) tumble lubed with 45-45-10 to velocities of 940 FPS avg. (keeping it subsonic for suppressor use).

The first 10 shot (offhand) group at 25 yards with that load:
[Linked Image]

I've pushed the same bullet as high as 1600 FPS, but at those velocities, the accuracy was terrible and it loosened the primer pockets in the brass and stuck brass in the chamber. Loads up to about 1250 FPS remain accurate and show no pressure signs. This is intended as a .22lr replacement anyways, so keeping things below about 1250 doesn't give up anything on the desired goals of the cartridge.