The 22 moulds for the Rimfire to Centerfire project certainly 'work'..... nice bullets, but there is always a little deformation of the bullet base when cutting the sprue, which with the base being every so slightly off center can only have a negative effect on accuracy... so

DD had commissioned a bullet swage, and the last time i was over sent it home with me to 'play around with it, see what you can come up with'

Well here it is:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

1) Bullet far left as it falls out of the mould that is pictured a couple of posts up..

2) That bullet after it comes out of the swage

3) The Flash that is cut off

4) Bullet with flash removed

5) And bullet knurled with a BASTARD file!!!

Next trip to DDs' and we will see how they shoot

An observation - most of us go from casting the bullet to size/lube and then case............... but now!!!!

Cast bullet, place bullet in swage, two pumps on the press handle, two raps with a plastic hammer to extricate bullet, place bullet in die to remove flash, two raps with the plastic hammer to cut of flash, knurl with file(although i suspect this step is likely unnecessary), lube and case!!! Good thing I have nothing to do! smile

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )