Well, the brass will be here in about 3 weeks. Bunnys are skeered....

Leomort, I'm thinking that most gun loonies have traveled that path; I certainly have. Problem I have with it is simple. Most CF guns take a step beyond the light and convenient world of RF guns and while they work, few of them work well due to small charges, large case capacity etc. I will admit freely that I've had a few exceptions, but they did not run cheap or easy.

Off the top of my head I know of a very few CF guns that will match the handiness of a Browning .22 Auto, Ruger 10/22 and that ilk. None can match the potential low cost of reloading a CF case for the platform. Closest I have is a .22 Hornet and .25-20 Winchester lever gun. The Hornet is an old Win 54 with a rather long Lyman Jr. Targetspot scope. Not the stuff of a walk about gun at all. Reloading the .25-20 with cast bullets and a couple or three grains of powder is about the best you can do cost wise and it will run about 6-8 cent/round depending on variables. At today's prices the components for a .22 RF substitute will cost about 1 cent each for bullet and powder; 2.5-3 cents each for a primer. The big bonus for everybody IF this works is that chronic .22 RF ammo shortages will never encumber handloaders again.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain