Dan,

So you want a rimfire-power rifle (YES!) that's really cheap to reload (can be) and provides close to benchrest accuracy (why not?), but the bullets have to be really cheap so you can match cheap .22 Long Rifle prices (No, so I can beat high prices and solve availability issues AND provide a supply option to the gun owner). Oh, and it can't be an airgun, because that would be too...what? ( I have an airgun. I would not shoot a hog with it.)

Sounds like you really want an expensive rifle project (no) that will last until the end of your days (no), in order to produce reloads that MIGHT Will cost less than .22 rimfire ammo.

Edited to spare all from a 12 chapter reply. laugh

John, I'm nothing special in the shooting world, I have had varied experience just like everyone else here. I've watched the industry do some crazy things in the sense of marketing and product introduction, many of which have failed in short order. I don't know my idea is all that nifty, but I see a window of opportunity which would, in my opinion, be quite popular.

I'm way past the point of equating velocity and FPE to success in the shooting world. Out west you folks see for miles and miles, down here it's measured in feet in the swamps, sometimes yards but not all that often. Quiet precision is a major advantage. I learned that one morning as I shot 5 hogs with the Contender without taking a step. A 200# boar, 175# sow and three of her litter running about 30# each. #4 went 'wee-wee-wee' all the way home. The gun can shoot CF or RF, I like options when the supplies grow scarce.

I imagine that others would rejoice if simple conversions were available, if for no other reason that there are a lot of loonies out there and EVERY ONE of them has a .22 RF gun.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain