Well, there's more trouble on the horizon. Spoke with RCC a few days back and they advise the brass is made and awaits shipping.

In the spirit of preparation I loaded up a few with the brass on hand and ventured toward a bit higher velocity.

My friend Muffin has a new to him Contender with a Bullberry match barrel and wanted to plink a little, so why not make it interesting?

Target below has the information: Two strings with .8 700X and two with 800X; targets on the right side were shot first with each. The first three groups were loaded with charges previously tested, and the last an upgrade (lower left). All bullets were lightly knurled and given a coat of NASA lube for good measure. For reasons unclear the ES numbers were a bit large, but the grouping seemed to run minute of squill.

[Linked Image]

I was disappointed that he did not inquire as to when I plan to AI the cartridge. -sniff-

Moving on and not really relevant to the topic, I pulled out my old Rem 513 without the Schuetzen accoutrements installed just to test some loads of RF ammo. Now I want you all to be gentle. I got shot in the shootin' eye with a laser day before this and my vision was a little pathetic. I shot the upper targets and Muffin shot the lowers CCI SV and Wolf MT. Just to show how much I like aperture sights, and at Muffin's suggestion, we shot the targets on the right with our glasses on, and the ones on the left without glasses. I might'a learnt something from that. laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain