Gather 'round all you mothers, brothers and others, Round 6 is on deck!

Loaded up today and shot this afternoon. Primary purpose was to test the new lube groove style and they passed the test just fine, no leading was inflicted. I'm also toying with the crimp theory and it is an exercise in uncertainty. Crimp it does and without any obvious abuse of the case but I'm still in need of sorting out the fine points to install uniformity. Evidence otherwise is indicated on the target to some degree in the form of significant velocity variations.

Ducks in a row?

[Linked Image]

So it was 5 rounds of 700X, 3 each of Bullseye and WW231, then a finale with Red Dot. Numbers are on the targets and the velocity deviants are where the fliers came from. Group size is underlined in red. Not shown is the boring 5 shot group of Norma TAC on the front end to foul the bore. About .3" with an ES of 36.

[Linked Image]

This thing is a tease, but the problem probably rests on my shoulders. FYI, load density for the 700X and Red Dot is in the 80% range, while Bullseye and WW231 are about 50%.

I have a couple of thoughts. One is that the errant fliers are a result of inconsistent velocity, each and every one. I see the numbers, the POI and there is a direct correlation. That said, not all extreme spreads beget large groups. I'm fairly certain this is, in part, an issue of inconsistent crimps. I'm working on it, RELAX!

Next round will be working the crimp issue and a bit more WW231. It seems to show promise?

So that was mostly it for the project today, but my rifle asked to play, said it wanted to show me something.

[Linked Image]

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain