Are there any current sources for .22CCM brass? I did a quick search (on GB) and found some for a buck apiece- anything else out there?

A quick Google search for Ramset blanks turned up prices in the $8-10 range per 100. Is that the general "on the street" price for them? My thoughts immediately turned to having a rimfire single shot chambered for them with a standard .22 throat of say .225 or .226 (to utilize an as-cast soft bullet), and proceeding with the breech seating approach. Seat bullet in the throat/leade with an insertion tool- simple lever arrangement or a push tool- then insert case with powder (or Ramset cartridge), and shoot. (Oh that poor old Stevens 44 that keeps calling out to me for resurrection.) A quite common practice when single shot target rifles ruled the shooting ranges a century ago. Admittedly not for the rapid fire tin can plinker or the hunter stumbling around in the woods, necessarily.

Money no object: build a single shot .22 or .25 target rifle with false muzzle and muzzle load the bullet, using a Ramset cartridge for propulsion. Shades of H.M.Pope, Schoyen, et al!

Last edited by gnoahhh; 05/18/17.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty