Originally Posted by 2ndwind
I have been reading this thread for awhile now.... I applaud all of you who are good at sorting out the puzzle... changing one variable at a time and keeping careful notes...

My brain just does not work that way..... The Clint Eastwood line about "A man needs to know his limitations" comes to mind.

I do really like the concept of a quite re-loadable small game round in a Contender carbine though. I have enough lead alloy horded away to last the rest of my days. I'm pretty frugal (cheap) too so I'd enjoy the just the cost of a primer and bit of powder in a small volume case plan.

Does anyone have experience with say a .32 Mag or a .327 Fed (if the longer case would not hamper a primary goal of accurate and quite "mouse fart" type loads) in a carbine or rifle length barrel?

No, but I have shot .32 S&W Long out of my .30-06 by using an adapter cartridge. grin It was very quiet and surprisingly accurate.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell