Most recent test was directed at a common charge with differing lubes. I don't know the findings to be definitive, but conclude they all work. No leading observed. The one interesting anomaly is found in the extreme outlier on the 1st Norma fouler target and for each CF group, which was the first shot of each group. I also found it interesting that in the last 15 shot group of Norma TAC the ES numbers were no different that with the CF rounds. Changes in lube apparently do leave a hint, and maybe the velocity deviations I've been experiencing are within norms for some RF ammo?

Because of the issues related in the last post about the crimp tool I will await the next round to see if that plays well. At the moment I am optimistic about the outcome.

If you'll note the Charge/Residue ratio in the upper left you will see it to be a fair bit less than the previous round. Not noted on the target is that the last round of the 1.2 800X series tickled the chronograph at 1116 fps and had a familiar crack to go with it. smile It was the 6 o'clock hit below the center dot in the target.

[Linked Image]

My .02 on it is that I have a field functional rifle for small game and plinking. Of course the testing is not done and I'll be back with more.......you knew that, right? laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain