Pappy,

Some handloaders prefer making the process complicated, while at the same time talking out of the other side of their mouth about making things simpler.

I have a not-very-expensive .22 caliber break-action air-rifle that groups as well as my .22 Hornet cast-bullet handloads, which is to say pretty damn well. The last batch of "ammo" I bought for it cost less than $15 for 500, ready to shoot. But obviously it's not a repeater, and doesn't need powder or a primer, so is too simple.

I also already described how my cast .22 bullets are most accurate in my Hornet right out of the mold, not sized or gas-checked. All they require is rolling around in a little Lee Alox. They seat perfectly in fired, UNSIZED Hornet brass, and get around 1100 fps with 2 grains of Red Dot, and pressures are low enough the cases are essentially everlasting. With primer and powder they're about as cheap as the air-gun pellets. But apparently they're either too simple or too complicated, depending on the individual handloader's perspective.

Last night I came up with another idea that might solve the "problem" of casting bullets. Hopefully know more later today, after a trip to the local big city, a metropolis of 25,000.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck