Well, Round 5 went down today and here is the report.

I am better informed today than yesterday. laugh

Sunny and clear this morning, mid 70's and light variable wind.

I set about affairs in the normal fashion with hopes of gathering a better data set using 5 shots for each load, and in part I was rewarded.

Data is served before the target picture and please note that all shots were at 20 yards.

Two black crosses at the top of the target used to verify zero, done today with both Norma TAC and Wolf MT, 5 shots each left to right in order.

Norma grouped .445" with the single flyer. The flyer is the first shot from a clean barrel.
Avg. 1060 fps, ES 33, SD 13

Wolf apparently not to be outdone, grouped .091" for the string. My Contender is infatuated with that stuff.
Avg. 1069 fps, ES 21, SD 8

.9 Bullseye: .701" Avg. 965, ES 18, SD 7 The flyer was the third shot.
.9 Red Dot: .742" Avg. 1048, ES 75, SD 27. The flyer was the last shot which registered 1004 fps. It was one of three cartridges which I was unable to crimp sufficiently to preclude the bullet turning in the case with minor effort. Due to the taper crimp installed on all cartridges most would not turn.
.8 700X: .457" Avg 919 fps, ES 76, SD 28. Two cases in this string had bullets that could be turned with minor effort and had velocities of 914 and 876 respectively. With that said, wild ES but the best group of the lot. I'm scratching my noodle a bit over that. But wait, it gets even more curious!

Upper X in the middle of the target was a string of 15 rounds of Norma TAC, nobly sacrificed due to old age for the purpose of verifying the bore was not leaded.
.300" on the group; Avg. 1060, ES 65, SD 14.

[Linked Image]

I realize fully that velocity variation will not normally manifest on the target at close range, but with this project it does....and doesn't. Have to laff at myself now and then. laugh
Otherwise, I see consistency between the demonstrated groups of 3 and 5 for these loads, and to some degree in the numbers. The last CF shot was 1.0 grains of Bullseye at the bottom, velocity of 1044 fps and I'll be revisiting that load next time. Why just 1 you ask? Because at present I have only 16 cases.

Now if I can just figure out what I need to work on with the bullets/powders so I can shoot the CF as precisely as the Wolf........

With Great Expectations,

DD

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain