SOOoooo, made it over to DD's range today to try, what I believe, is the ONLY Ruger 10-22GTC in the World.................

Bottom rifle in the picture
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Results were/are encouraging. Tested three powders - Red Dot, 700x and Bullseye, three loads each .8/.9/1.0 grain, CCI SPP. These loads had previously been shot in two different Contenders. Velocities in the Contenders were notably higher, probably due to tighter chambers and the breech not coming 'un-corked' as in an auto-loader.....

1.0 - Red Dot Avgd 921fps with a spread of 95, 1.0 - 700x Av 918 Es 258, and 1.0 Bullseye Av 1009 Es 44

Majority of the loads cycled the 10-22GTC as designed, failure to cycles were in the lower charges as expected...

Two cases required a second firing pin strike.

Groups, all shot at 20yds, were overall not bad, in some cases better than off the shelf American made 22LR

Here's a target for the 1.0grn of Bullseye..

Suspect that velocity spreads might be due to a light firing pin strike and will adjust the 'throw', and maybe modify the firing pin end, for better ignition....

Will also bump up the charge a wee bit to see if spreads can be narrowed down without crossing the SST threshold.

Some of the reload tools....

Lyman, Hornady, Lee, RCBS - Somebody needs to 'tool up'..........

Last edited by Muffin; 06/28/21.

"...A man's rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box..." Frederick Douglass, 1867

( . Y . )