Time has passed and a new/old frontier is before us. The .22 GTC has barked in a 10/22.

Yes, things were learned today, but that was no surprise. The CF firing pin was a bit off center and shy, yet it worked.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The action cycled normally. Load for the top wad of bullets was a CCI SPP and .9 grains of Red Dot. Two different shooters began the fracas with a clean barrel, modified bolt and ran thru about 20 rounds at 20 yards. The two wads, lower left and right, were fired by the same two gentlemen using 1.0 grains of WW231. We did not chrony the loads today, but they have both averaged 1035 fps from my Contender in the past.

Following that the firing pin was changed to RF in the same bolt. Federal HV ammo for the top group and CCI SV for the lower.

A look at the brass after the RF shoot suggests a couple of options. 1) trade bolts, not firing pins, and 2) have a stroke of design genius and do it with one bolt and two pins. I prefer the former, at least with the 10/22.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain