All of this talk has made me curious about what kind of accuracy I can achieve with the buckshot load in the Martini if I really worked at it. I never considered the load to be anything but a quick and dirty way to shoot my Martinis.

Mine have always been excellent cast bullet rifles,...probably because of their extremely smooth, lazy twist barrels.

The problem I encountered early on with the load was the inability to get consistent ignition of the propellent. The 50 grain ball which is only slightly in contact with the rifling just doesn't create enough pressure to successfully use anything but small doses of the fastest handgun powder.

I tried small charges of Blue Dot in some once with the idea that a slower powder would start the ball down the bore less abruptly than a faster powder and might allow faster velocities without causing the ball to strip the rifling.

Didn't work. After a few rounds the front of the bench was covered with unburned flakes of Blue Dot.

I think I'll try Titewad next. I've had a lb rattling around in there for a while. The manufacturer says not to use it in anything but shotgun loads,....but you know,..

I've found that it works well with HBWC's in the .32 long.