Next to last round of CF ammo today was a .9 grain charge of Bullseye which averaged 1000 fps, ES 58, Sd of 22.

[Linked Image]

Odd left overs caused me to chuckle. Two rounds with 1.0 grain of Red Dot, Avg 1068 fps, and broke the sound barrier with the second round....and burped from the primer. First time in my experience to see smoke emanating from both ends of a barrel.

[Linked Image]

Checked the barrel with Wolf and Tac on the way out, no significant change in precision.

[Linked Image]

The barrel cleaned without trace of leading and with only two patches. I have reached a point where the need for a sizing die is becoming apparent. One round fell apart during the loading process and I suspect there might be a relationship between that and random flyers that presented today. On another front, I have three pieces of brass that will no longer hold a primer. I suspect my assault with the primer pocket uniformer may have had influence on this but am not certain about that. Several cases indicate faint neck tension as well. I suspect the next firing cycle will be illuminating.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain