Deeper I get into this the more potential I see, and yes, one could fiddle with the WMR/HMR path until Rome burned again.

For what it may be worth, I have a backyard range which is legal under the statutory requirements here in Floriduh and am nested in a residential neighborhood. Many of my neighbors shoot from time to time, some even to the point of being a bit obnoxious and perhaps somewhat hazardous as the very few I can examine do not have berms, backstops or much of anything else. Got one of them to "shut up" one day when he was being particularly bothersome with what I think was a .22 WMR....by shooting a hole in the dirt with a .30-30. Not to belabor any of that in great detail, I am not a bother to the neighborhood. I restrict my shooting to subsonic velocities and use either a suppressor or baffle box. They are clueless that I shoot as much as I do, or in some cases, at all.

The backstop......
[Linked Image]

The deflector, AR400 and sand in the backside...
[Linked Image]

The 50 yard line...
[Linked Image]

It works for .22's, .38 Spcl S&W, .44 Mag etc. Users get the impression that the noise is louder than it should be until I do the shooting and let them stand back 15-20'. It's quiet, does a bit of a "wonk" with the .44 but is otherwise neighborly. Any of you wankers needin' some firewood, get in touch.

This works too....
[Linked Image]

Last loads I shot, the loudest sound was the "clack" of the hammer and "tink" of the backstop. And my occasional "I'll be danged!"

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain