Moving forward with hopes of popping some caps tomorrow sometime.

The bullets are knurled with extreme precision and use of a pine flat and rolled with the edge of a medium flat file. The bullets are 30:1 alloy, .465" long and .2225-.223" diameter. Average weight is 40.1 grains for a sample of 30, extreme weight spread is .2 grains.

[Linked Image]

Next up is my magic lube, not yet patented. The components are common, but the ratio will remain highly classified, mostly because I have no idea what they are. Started out as a small puddle of melted SPG Lube in the plastic cup and I added graphite until my vision said That Looks About Right (TLAR). Not only does it retain the original texture, it now leaves one's fingers black as coal. It will be applied with diligence after the bullet is seated.

[Linked Image]

Conventional wisdom says to reduce loads 15% below max for starting. I dunno what max is, so...weighing three different brands of SV LR ammo powder charges I come up with 1.0 grains for Fed Automatch, Wolf MT and CCI SV. Will load one each of .7 and .8 grains (Bullseye/700X/Red Dot) and see what happens over the chrony. TLAR

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain