These days, there seems to be LESS time than more, for pursuing this particular grail.
Look, this whole small bore center fire stunt assumes a good, and continuing source of primers.
I'm going to assume the continuing availability of building supplies.
When (and if) the window of opportunity to do so re-opens, I intend to try fitting a Ram Set cartridge into a sleeve,.....the composition of which is as yet undefined. The sleeve has to obturate, stay with and seal itself to the base of the Ramset charge, and as well hold and align the cast projo correctly in the throat of the( also as yet undefined / blueprinted )chamber. Then there's the sticky wicket posed by extracting the spent, "case".
I can tell you that initial ventures with pest control shot loads in quarter bore have been VERY encouraging.
Been using poly tubing,....don't like it at all, and know that what's needed is a paper "sleeve" ,....were it nitrated, or otherwise impregnated and formulated to be consumed during the launch cycle,....so much the better. Option B. would be to have re-usable metalic "sleeves", and proportion one's chamber for that fire mission.
For rifled arms, I think the degree of ballistic uniformity that's an essential design parameter in the Ramset charges will be a real accuracy edge. 5 different power levels to choose from covers a lot of ground,....from subsonic levels and up.
....interesting muse, this one.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain