At least 95% of what you two are trying to accomplish can be done with a good PCP airgun. Good ones are nearly silent, available in (at least) .177, .22, .25, .30, .357, and .45 calibers and as accurate as any human can hold, in field positions certainly. My jury is still out on whether they're use on large game is "sporting" or not, but they're absolutely capable of taking stuff at least as big as turkeys cleanly. The better guns are beautifully engineered and will last a lifetime, at least.

On the down side, they're butt-ugly, to my eyes anyway, often heavy and unwieldy, and don't generate the soul-satisfying smoke and fire of firearms. They also lack the rich history of regular firearms, although I'm sure there's a bit of that as well, just not generally known.

None of this is meant to discourage the fun you guys are having, only to point out an option for those who want to send lead down range and are looking for options. Airguns can do that for them and only require the ability to write a check.

What fresh Hell is this?