Well, I went and did it. 6 loads, 3 shots each plus a scattering of factory RF ammo for giggles.

Ramped it up to .8 and .9 grains of the previously used powders and I am quite pleased. Except for my "buddy" who dropped by and shot the best group of the day with the .22 GTC. Same guy that looks at my first group and says "They're all on the paper." Geesh....

Will offer the data prior to the target post for your general information. I fired 8 groups on the paper. Two black crosses upper left (first) and right (last) were used for the strings of Wolf ammo.

20 Yards, double bag rest, chronograph 10' from muzzle. Wind light and variable, temp mid 60s

Wolf #1: Avg. 1062 fps, ES 62 (fouler string) .164" 5 shots
Wolf #2: Avg 1056 fps, ES 14, Sd 6 .318" 5 shots

.22 GTC, 3 shots same parameters as above. First 4 groups were fired with new brass, last 2 with once fired brass. WW SPP for all rounds, SPG/graphite lube, 30:1 alloy. First group with this ammo was fired at the 12 o'clock high target. Rest were fired in order, clockwise.

.8 grains Bullseye: Avg 903 fps, Sd 12, .445"
.9 grains.............: Avg 957 fps, Sd 24 .308"

.8 grains 700X:....... Avg 980 fps, Sd 11 .435"
.9 grains.................Avg 1018 fps, Sd 25 .730"

.8 grains Red Dot: Avg 944 fps, Sd 2, .422"
.9 grains.................Avg1002 fps, Sd 10, .400"

There was no leading encountered.

[Linked Image]

Picture of the fired brass and one w/o the primer. Note that a RF primed cartridge cannot be fired with a CF firing pin strike.

[Linked Image]

I need to cast some more bullets, mow the grass, drink some whiskey and promote general disorder, but will be back with more in about a week, maybe less.

DD
Charter Member*
Albino Aardvarks

*Founded 1966

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain