Didn't look good for the shoot today, but there was a break in the rain and I put Round 7 to rest.

Funny stuff for your consideration is the first fouler group of Norma TAC had good numbers for 3 shots and a 1/2" group at 20 yards. The last group after the trial went .53" for three shots, with similar numbers.

Went 5 rounds each with Bullseye, WW231 and Red Dot.

[Linked Image]

I have come to a couple of conclusions as a result.

- Norma TAC ain't all that good anymore. cool
-My new bullet guru is Jimy, who noted a concentricity issue on some bullets I sent his way and I sorta fixed that before this shoot. Thank you Master!
-The harder alloy did not lead, not even a flake.
-It isn't that hard to equal production SV velocity. See the Red Dot target. See the low numbers. See one of the biggest groups of the day. laugh
-I have some more work ahead with the WW231 and Bullseye. The Red Dot has shown some good numbers along the way, but not a lot of precision. It just got fired.
-Will bump up the charge of Bullseye and 231 to 1.0 and 1.1 next round and let them race with a round loaded with Wolf powder. I'm going to crack the 1050 fps barrier with some precision before this concludes.

For what it's worth, I think it a successful project to this point and it demonstrates the functional nature of building such ammo. The brass has been fired 7 times now and has yet to require sizing, though the crimp die is useful. I've an energetic friend who keeps yakking about making a CF bolt for the 10/22....might turn him loose on that.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain