A note on case prep for your perusal. It is straight forward but requires some ingenuity. Picture below illustrates the high tech tool used to clean the case interior and it seems fair effective. Primer pockets are cleaned as one would do for any CF round. Decapping is likewise done as usual, though one needs some diligence regarding decapping pin adjustment. The widget that holds the decap pin on the shaft will flare case mouths if pressed too deeply. I had enough foresight to examine the geometry before launching into that, glad I did.

Looking to make a priming device, not unlike the tools of old. meaning something not unlike the Lyman hand tool. Point is with these cases the rim is wee small and unlikely to survive conventional priming techniques. Per earlier dialog, I have placed a piece of brass flat stock on the vice anvil, set a primer in place, case positioned and used a brass rod to tap the case with a light hammer to finish it off. Easy, effective and tap, tap, tap.

Lot of learning curve on this project, simple ingenuity is key. I am at cycle 3 for loading with some of the brass and it still do not need to size the cases. Good thing that, I'm still working the die issue. When that is sorted out I will move forward to verification that the ammo will cycle thru a 10/22 w/o issue.

[Linked Image]

Other issues arise, such as a need for a case specific load block. A case charging funnel that is a bit more petite would be welcome, keeping my eyes open on that. Forget about throwing charges. The data provided earlier is clear that .1 grain of any of the powders used has significant impact on velocity. I use a powder trickler and note that it only takes a couple or three flakes of 700X or Red Dot to move the balance beam on my scale. The trickling process is quick enough, truly. The 18 rounds fired in the last cycle required about 30 minutes to load, including priming, charge, bullet seat and lube. With a couple of minor hiccups it only took 15 minutes to decap and clean the brass and that included invention of the steel wool/dowel cleaning tool.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain