Though not directly related to ongoing affairs I benefited from a little learning today. Went to the 20 yard line with express intent of disposing of some old trash RF ammo and took a bit of Norma TAC along for the same purpose. Because I was plinking rather than testing I did an elbow rest.

[Linked Image]

Targets were shot L-R then row 2 and all were 5 shots each except the single wad on row 2 which was 8 shots. The learning part of it went to two points: First, the row 2 target was shot with CCI CB longs. The Contender w/ Bullberry match barrel is the first rifle that has ever shot anything other than patterns with that stuff. Had to chuckle as despite firing more rounds it grouped better than half of the TAC groups.

Second, you may recall my mention of powder residue from recent tests and it has ranged from the 13-30 something %, and the very excellent performance of the powder salvaged from some WOLF MT ammo? Today's shooting deposited 3/10th grain of residue for 28 rounds, or slightly more than 1%. I don't know the charge of the CB ammo but assume something around .5-.7 grains. I need some of that powder..........

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain