In general terms I'd agree with you on that, but I was mulling over the idea of a 30'ish grain lino hollow point of the deep cavity variety. Thinking one could top 1300 fps with such a design and while there might be a few chunks left over, most would disintegrate. I've seen this with HV short hollow points with pigs. Where the standard CB short will fully penetrate neck, spine and exit on pigs up to about 100#, the HVHP shorts get to the spine and shatter. Typical residue is comprised of the bullet base of about 12-15 grains and the rest is fragments. MV for those rounds is about 1100 fps and the alloy is much softer than lino, BHN running in the 6-8 range as best I can figure.

The good news is I have a supply of pig cadavers on regular basis for testing. I got more squirrels around here than Tim Leary could have imagined. Don't have any pecan trees, but the oaks and hickory population boggles the mind.

In any case, it is not a near term project on the agenda.....gotta finish this CF thing off good and proper first. laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain