Ken, lemme get a mile or so further down this path and I'll see if I can kluge up a test for this jewel and some lino bullets in regards to fragmentation/ricochets. You know me, always ready for the weird and not so obvious. laugh

Another thought occurs that is a bit outside the box perhaps, but if a fella wanted some sport with squill without causing a ruckus he might consider use of BB caps. Target below was shot with a 4.5mm Zimmerstutzen rifle at 50' offhand. MV is about 800 fps. I've a fair supply of .22 caliber BB caps and have found them as precise as my CB shorts out of the Contender with a short chambered barrel, velocity the same. They are not silent from the 20" barrel, but some years ago I plinked a few with a 26" barrel and all I heard was the firing pin strike and a whap on the other end. I have no need to try it, but likewise no doubt they would kill a pig with a careful shot. They kill squill dead as a doorknob and that's a natural fact, proven here in the swamps.

[Linked Image]

FYI, BB caps are primer powered, no gunpowder used or abused. Of course if you want warp drive a pinch or two might get you there. Trying to get my mind wrapped around CF primed BB cap cases here.....gonna be tough..........

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain