This project has been remarkably entertaining on many levels. Mentioned above that I blew a couple of primer pockets if you recall. Well, it was all 12 of them that would not hold a primer. Part of the equation is the pocket walls are only .0255" thick which makes them vulnerable to pressure excursions. It also makes them amenable to sizing to correct the problem. When this started one of my neighbors was rather enthusiastic about the whole thing and without understanding the finer points attempted to make me a sizing die. First one was out of spec, so was #2. Not to be defeated he made #3 which in truth I had little use for at the time. Guess what? I just repaired all of the cases and we are ready to rock! And no, I did not use a press. Insert case in die, tap it down to the rim with a soft face hammer, invert and tap it out with a small diameter punch. Yes, I used some case lube...

It makes me smile that this can be done w/o the use of conventional dies and tools for the most part. Not to say that something like a 310 tool wouldn't be useful as it surely would be and it is next on the agenda after the hammer die project is completed.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain