Brief update: My hero Steve Brooks has his hands full and apparently that is his normal MO. The mould upgrade is on hold and we may or may not get back to that as appropriate. Part of the issue goes to my own affairs, and a very small part to his own. After discussion it is apparent that we have both been on the education wagon with this project and I have to admit that realization made me smile a bit. Please don't think for a second I'm being critical of Steve, for I am not. I have 4 of his moulds including the one for this project and I've nothing but the highest regard for his work.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I'm going to step outside the box a little and order some brass from RCC with intent to explore the high velocity realm. Conversation with Jimy suggest there are options on the plate for the bullet dims etc and we will explore that in the near future. An idea of my own would be the use of a hammer swage die that would utilize the slightly imperfect cast bullets as slugs and render them unto jewels that would make Quigley smile. Won't take but a couple of mild taps with a hammer to do that.

Oh, nearly forgot. I ran out of bullets so last week was a casting flurry that churned out something around 450 or so. Walking down to the house from the range today and saw a squirrel make an obscene gesture that was directed at yours truly.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain