So, is it the profession of faith that is important? I would think so. I think of the soldier on the battle field who accepts Christ in his heart and is killed before he can be physically Baptized. No way I would believe he is lost. If you look at John 3:16 I'd say that sums the requirement up. Maybe all the other stuff is required to be acknowledged as a part of Christ's Church by fellow followers, but really isn't necessary for recognition by Christ, or to receive the gift of his atonements. Debatable points all.

But back to Rick's decision. If they debate became argument, that's ok. But if it degraded to the very un-Christian tossing of insults, then it was rightfully shut down due to being un-productive. The statement that it was due to catholic bashing is what's got me. To throw up a protective barrier for one religion and not all is in my view wrong. If it became an issue of general bashing then we have a different matter. The question is, would it have been shut down for Baptist bashing? If so, then ok. But if not then it's a bias position. You know, when I was my father would use the "My House" or "My Roof" thing. That would kill any argument by shear exercize of authority, but never did it automatically make him right.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.