Originally Posted by gene williams
Actually , a disinterested observer would be struck by how united the believers are ON THIS THREAD !

=================================================================
Actually, you're quite mistaken. You confuse unity with disengagement and isolationism.

Admittedly, religion is a fascinating topic. As a non-believer, it just boggles my mind that a faith or belief in the scientific unknown can be the root cause of hate, ridicule,wars, death by murder, torture and, with the mere speaking of an opposite belief, can instantly turn the rational person into an irrational jackass.

I learn by reading the posts from the likes of Penny, MColeman, Dr Howell and Blaine as they, unless specifically asked otherwise, merely descibe what their faith means to them and how it has affected their lives. Never do you find them ever telling any of us how to believe or insisting upon one of us how it MUST impact our own lives.

When others veer down a different path with insulting and demeaning comments about the beliefs of others, you immediately dsengage from the rational and isolate yourself from tolerance. I just cannot learn or understand from the temperaments and intolerance of those folks.Their intended message is abruptly lost in the disdain.

For my way of thinking, Mr Bin's actions were undertaken after careful, deliberate thought and, perhaps a bit too late in coming. That obviously was a tribute to his patience and tolerance.

I continue to have no problem whatsoever learning and understanding a person's faith from the likes of the folks I complimented above. To the rest of you, find a site where your religious dogmatism and intolerant demeanings of others are pervasive and welcomed. Here's a news flash...there's a bunch of them.!!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
William Arthur Ward