Dan Adair,

It must be very satisfying for you,in that what Alaska offers on accident,soundly trumps everything Montana does on purpose? Novel outlook and your "pride" is well founded.

Now Sliver Pickers in the Mill are making more than Cutters? You came prepared to talk dead square out your ass,didn't you? High dollar "specialty plywood",if that isn't the grandest of oxymorons...especially given the untold clear volume extolled from the limbs you mention. I'd mebbe be inclined to mention in passing,that those who lovingly laced the ground with $50,000+ trees,were likely paid in accords to the skills associated. The saying "money grows on trees",wasn't coined from the Green Chain. Laffin'.

Lauding the satisfactions inherent of gunning someone else culled FMJ milsurp bullets,only frosts the cake. It'd take the muse that 32lbs of powder is a "bunch" to top that.

Oops...I see you are there.

'35,

Berger puts 'em all in orange boxes now,it's like "magic".(grin)

Church,

For someone too dumb to reload,the 223 and 308 are defaults,due mainly to the incredible R&D shifted their direction much of which is attributed to the assorted Accuracy Games. The typical 308 has more latitude there,beings all are twisted 12" as a minimum,which will comfortably handle FGMM/M118LR and the like. Factories are starting to add more twist to the 223's,slowly but surely and my 1-9" Factory LTR punched 223AI does well with the 75A-Max...though 8" remains my favorite(despite having 7's too).

A platform is only as good as it's weakest link and when talking in extrapolations,from say one chambering to another,it's only fair to weigh excellence into the system,so as to preclude a misnomer. In the broad spectrum of things,weighing relative Oooomph and the like,the 7mm bore size shines brightly. It has the diameter to impart will and a BC to keep the petal to the metal. SD is moot,beings it has no bearing upon projectile construction/integrity.

Couple those attributes within a modest vessel(the 7.62x51 parent hull),neck the suck out of it and things really start to shine.

BMT,

The .505BC 175SMK toddling at 2600fps,is akin to gutting a Buck with a broken beer bottle. Now add the .505BC 155 Scenar to the fray and things get sharper.

Neck the suck out of it,insert a .625BC at 2700fps and you've S30V.(grin)