Jeff,

I'm mainly a Leupold man and I appreciate the virtues of the long/flexible eye relief they provide. The 2.5-8x36 is an old favorite of mine, and right now I have three of them mounted on Weatherby Mk.V rifles. If there's a long action that's it. I'm kinda stone age and don't have a digicam for picture posting, heck I don't even have a cell phone. But rest assured my scopes are mounted nowhere near as far back as yours. Also my cheek meets the stock right where old Roy intended, I have no problems getting the full sight picture without moving around, and I've not been bit by a scope either.

The ways you and I handle rifles must be radically different. I suspect if I mounted a scope on a Mk.V as far back as you prefer it would be the rear peak of the Monte Carlo that my cheek would meet before the ocular was clear of my eye socket.

I'm no longer in my Weatherby phase anyway. On the short action 700s I mostly run now the rear end of a typical Leupold is right over the area between the end of the bolt and the tang.

m