Jeff

I do not really even have a dog in this fight, was just posting honest facts, but the truth is Jeff that you do not seem to know as much as you think. The reason i say this is you have mentioned more then once that a scope tube never delivers a clear image without the thick black ring around it for you, this is likely because it needs to go forward a good inch or so.

Ya see Jeff, that 4.5-14 on my Montana is actually 12.7" as just measured with its BC caps, which i have never taken off since put on (and that length thusly is same same as tube length then). The Mk4 above that used to reside on my .223 Model 7 and is now on my FN 308 above is 14.2" minus its sunshade. The 6.5-20 on my Kimber 22-250 that was on a model 7' 7mm-08 is 14" on the nuts. I have a 4.5-14 LR that was on a previous Kimber Montana .308 before i put it on my .257 ROY, it is 13.4". Also have a VXII 6.5-18 handy that goes 13.5" that's currently on my 7 Rum but was on a model 7 .308 at one time. And lastly my Leica 2.5-10 30MM tube on my Semi Custom .338 RUM is 13.3" on the nuts. None of my scopes have the power ring more then 3/4-1" away from the rear ring and all have always been clear without any "thick black ring"

These are just a few of the ones at the safe door and handy, but all pretty long tubes in the world of scopes and NONE are that far back.

I have seen your pictures, and your build isnt that differnt then mine. If i thought your response would be honest i would wager $100 that you or anyone else except a Giant or Midget could shoulder any of my rifles eyes closed and the scopes will be just fine for you without adjusting your head on the comb upon openeing your eyes. Yuo see pretty much all of my rifles have been shot by the gamut of sizes from 8 year olds that barely go 4' 6" tall to my buddy who is 7'1" (admitdly he has to adjust a bit but hes huge.

Again you can bullchit the fans but not the players.

Last edited by MallardAddict; 05/30/09.