Shrug. It's how I shoot, so sue me. Been shooting long guns offhand since I was about 6 years old, and I'm pretty OK at it, not gonna change anything now.

My point isn't that I'm some sort of expert, or that everyone else is wrong.

My point is, my rifles are set up for me. I like the scopes back a bit further than most of you. So?

It seems there's a tacit concession from Art and others that they misunderstood (to put it in nice terms) what I meant when I casually mentioned black around the image a while back. If not, then you still need to tell me how moving the scope farther away from me will increase the size of the image at full magnification, since it won't, and since I have the complete opposite of black around the image at lower magnifications...

So that one's dealt with, it would seem.

It also seems there's a tacit concession that the way my M700's and Kimber are set up is perfectly reasonable, given that I'm 1/4" to 1/2" away from what you guys seem to prefer.

So it appears that your whole thing is how that Zeiss is mounted on that M7. Since you guys have never seen or held one of those scopes, you'll just have to take my word for it that mounted right THERE is where it's perfect for me- which means it would be very close to perfect for most of you too, since we set other rifles up similarly. The scope just looks goofy on that rifle, and it's throwing your perceptions off.

And it's my phuggin' rifle anyway <grin>. Bite me.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!