Originally Posted by Tom264
Jeff I would venture a guess that our scopes are about 1/2" different.

Come on you have to admit the avatar thingy is funny! if it would make you feel better you can distort my avatar all you want.

As to Whether I see the "black".....nope on all power settings without moving my head....honestly.

Tom, I spent a while futzing with a 2.5x8 this morning. Getting my debate muscles limbered up.

Sir, if your head position is such that you have NO black around the image at full power, and you aren't moving your head as you change power, then you are flat-out WRECKING your low-power performance. You are destroying one of the best things about a Leupold 2.5x8- the huge, forgiving eye box.

So now do this for me, if you will. Put your head where it gives you full field of view at full power- as you say you are getting. Now turn it down to 2.5x. NOW, move your head back a bit on the stock, and REVEL in the view! Note that you are now, apparantly, right in the sweet spot for the scope, whereas before, you were "too close" to be in it. You now have maximum eye box... you have tons of latitude as to head placement fore and aft... you are, frankly, where you are supposed to be!

These are all direct observations, done right now by me, with a 2.5x8. Please report yours. This is interesting.

Now try to tell me that I've chosen to compromise in the wrong direction.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!