Art,

That quote was from a comment that Paul Walukewicz made to ME. And no, you are not remembering an apology from him because there was none.

Your hypocrisy is evident and then some. You hammered me pretty good when you thought I said it. Now that you know HE said it, it's just "kumbaya, brutha!" between you two as you pat each other's back. Cute.

I contacted him in PM's at the time, to give him the chance to man up, but the best he came up with was something about how it was a shot at me, not my mother.

I ask the members of the fire, what would YOU do if someone said that about your mother? And what did I do? I didn't blow up publically (go click the link), I contacted him in PM's to sort it out, and even after he stuck to his guns, I let it go.

That doesn't mean I forgot it, or that I won't drag it out every now and then to remind the world what a classless lowlife he is. HE HAS EARNED THAT FROM ME. And, as I said then, it will give he and I something to talk about should we ever meet face to face.

I absorb a nearly endless series of hits from about a half-dozen guys around here. For the most part, I have learned to ignore it or make fun of it and move on. Occasionally it amuses me to hit them back. It's always, ALWAYS pretty damn hilarious to me that then (and only then) have the usual holier-than-thou's, such as Sitka Deer, come out and accuse me of degrading the Campfire.

Where are they, and where are you Sitka Deer, when the half-dozen guys, and we all know who they are, degrade the Campfire with their never-ending bombardment of crapola? Where's your clucking tongue?

As to the debate at hand, Shane's load functionally matches Larry's load out to insane distances, while delivering more energy, frontal area, bullet weight, and yes, more recoil. There are actions that don't share the M700's mag length issues -nobody specified we were only talking about M700's here- and for that matter, you can always single-load a round if you are about to pop a cap at some ungodly distance at a game animal anyway. "You'll have time". I'm granting TryMe's 2700 fps (in a 2.8 OAL, TryMe??) even though neither of my 7-08's would TOUCH that speed. And EVEN IF you take 50 fps off Shane's load due to losing some powder because you shorten the OAL, it's from a 20.5" barrel. Add in some barrel length and you'd get that 50-ish fps right back. And EVEN IF you don't, the load still behaves functionally the same. Identically skilled riflemen behind identically accurate rifles would hit within less than of inch of each other at 600 yards.

Dude... dudes <g>... if that's not the very definition of cartridges that are identical for practical purposes, then what is?

Something very disturbing, if you are a Big Stick accolyte, happened on this thread... and they are out for blood, and will be for a while, as payback. Just sayin'.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 04/20/09.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!