Here's a few pics from the Georgetown Lake trip. We had a great time; weather was perfect and the fish were hungry. I caught more brookies in the 19-22" range than I ever have before there...14 total in three days fishing, 4 over 20" grinFWP manages this lake for the "trophy" brook trout, and it's catch and release only, though bait slingers can fish the area. Going to C&R has drastically cut down on the slingers, as they keep catching fish they can't keep...we kindly advise them where the rainbow's are easy to catch and they happily go elsewhere. Coolest thing I saw was a young boy about 8 or 9 catch a 20"+ brookie after getting away from his know it all dad. He did it all by himself, and he walked 150 yards with his prize to show his dad. Well, needless to say, the fish didn't make it, but the fact that he couldn't keep it didn't wash away the smile...he's probably still talking about it. Shame on dad for not telling him about the regs, but at least he's getting him out there fishing. [img:left][Linked Image][/img]
[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
[img:left][Linked Image][/img]
The pics don't do the fish justice as the colors are just spectacular. A more beautiful trout doesn't exist IMO, and they are definitely scrappers. These fish have thickness to them and thick shoulders. I'm still looking for that magic 24" fish out of Georgetown. Bound to happen someday......