Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by Jeff_O

Art, you lost this one. Just stop.

Ahhh yes, yet another victory claim.
The first one got us to 38 pages. smile

Jeff, your problem isn't the scope at all, really, it's not.
It's your LOP that's [bleep] up. grin

SKane,

If you read back carefully, you'll see that Art's two-pronged attack on me is inconsistant WITH ITSELF. That is the victory I claim. I do not in any way, shape or form claim that my way of mounting a scope is best for anyone but myself. In fact, I think you guys have proven that it isn't, and that's fine.

The victory I claim, rightfully, is that I have boxed Art in logically, and he can't get out. He's left with bluffing. Not gonna fly.

I've spent considerable time and money, with two different gunsmiths (Larry Brace being one, before his death) working out what my optimum LOP is. I used to shoot a LOT of clays (with a Citori). I'm not a stranger to how a gun should fit.

You guys need to back off on this one. Art, damn his hide, started this on the false premise that I was SO CLOSE to the scope that I was seeing black around the image from being FORWARD of the eye box. He's too arrogant to back up and admit he was making a rather absurd presumption, but that's on HIM. You guys don't need to own that one, too.

Now that I've carefully explained that isn't so, it's time for you guys to take a deep breath here. There is no reason to keep taking shots at someone who is setting up a rifle so that it works for them. My scopes are not mounted where they are by accident. I've tried them further forward. I've tried more LOP, and less LOP. I know how my rifles behave from sitting, prone, uphill, downhill because I shoot them that way EVERY WEEK. Several of them are hard kicking sporters. They don't touch me, and I'm not afraid of them, they are my friends. I already said, my Kimber Montana .325 DID bite another guy who shot it- so probably, my way ISN'T best for everyone. It wasn't for him (though he crawled the stock and shot before I could stop him). I've put close to a thousand rounds through that rifle and it's never touched me.

My image with the Zeiss on my M7 SPRINGS to my eye, perfecto in every way, when I shoulder and mount the rifle the way I do it.

So what, exactly, is the problem here?

The problem is, Art ran with a misunderstanding, and in his usual way once confronted with it, his game now is to fall back to the "you're so stupid" line of argument. That's his perogative, but yes. I will declare victory over someone who refuses to actually deal in the realm of facts, and simply casts vague aspersions. Screw that.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!