Originally Posted by Whip
I was wondering when you'd find this misplaced fly rod discussion. IIRC, you got rid of all your green sticks to fund the 'boo, yes? Did you ever get one of Glenn's Rods before he left Winston?

Your 3 wt is one very nice looking rig. What length? I'm not a bamboo aficianado and don't know that name, maybe you could tell us a bit about it?

This rod is a 7'10" 3-piece, two-tip 3wt quad (yep, she's four-sided!) by Erik Peterson of Linn�a Rod Co. It has medium-flamed cane, a 12-ring, 6" half wells grip, blued hardware, rosewood reel seat spacer with French Walnut end cap. The model number is 7103-3 IV.

She throws a DT-3 like a dart...and a feather. I line her with a DT-3 SA Mastery Trout for general purpose fishing and a Kingfisher DT-3 silk line for delicate work. Both go on a classic, two-screw Hardy Featherweight. Here's another look:

[Linked Image]

I did indeed give up all my Winston plastic rods to go to bamboo. I kept a Scott A3 9' 6wt for the drift boat, but that's it. I did not manage to get a Winston bamboo rod while Glenn was still there. I do have a new Sweetgrass rod on order, so I'll still get to support the 'Boo Boys and other fine folks of Twin Bridges.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?