Anybody run the numbers this morning? I don't feel like pawing back through all the posts.

Here they are. Note, I'm not EVER, personally, gonna be hunting with either of these out to 1000 yards. I'm just playing this the way TryMe demanded- based on an arcane bullet at very long range, and plugging numbers into JBM. This was ALL STARTED by TryMe, I'm just going along with how he defined the points of debate. Which is why it's so much fun. The man has been clobbering people with insignificant ballistic minutia for the years I've been watching; now he gets clobbered back on his own terms and LOOK OUT, all hell breaks loose! Laffin'.

The .308 drops a bit more, but is almost exactly the same in terms of wind drift (which is the biggie) and velocity. Note that the .308 is within .7" or so wind-wise at 1000 yards. A rifleman capable of hitting an animal in the eye, will hit it in the eye with either one. Note also, that at 1000 yards the .308 is delivering ~200 ft/lbs more energy in the form of a larger, heavier bullet. I'm fer thinking that THAT has some advantages when the range is that long, and the energy is dropped that low... but whatever the point is, they are a wash. A reasonable person could choose either one, and defend said choice.

First, the 162 AMax at 2700 fps:

[Linked Image]

Next, the 208 Amax at 2600 fps, a load documented by MontanaMarine (Shane). Note, the BC of that bullet is .648, from memory (check if you care, it's .64x for sure). Some calculators don't have it in their library yet:

[Linked Image]

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!