I never said you guys were wrong. In fact, I've said that in general, you are probably correct for most folks.

I said that I was RIGHT to set my rifles up to fit ME.

That will be impossible to comprehend, for those of you who see the world as a pissin' match.

The "rest of the world" can kiss my figurative ass <g>, anyway. These are my rifles, not the rest of the worlds.

A question for the geniuses present. My Kimber works great for me; as some have pointed out, there's only about 1/2" of latitude for fore-aft adjustment in scope location there. It's 1/4", maybe 3/8" from where others with that scope in Talley's have put their scopes based on photo's and conversations with them. The HORROR!

My short-action M700 is set up very similarly to Tom264's, give or take 3/8" or so (by eyeball). Scroll back and see. The HORROR!

So obviously, I'm setting my rifles up quite close to whatever "normal" is. Close enough, I would think, to account for arm/neck/eye or just plain personal preference differences. Perfectly reasonable.

Why then, would you assume that my M7 and that Zeiss are set up so far out from normal?

It's an incorrect assumption, I'm telling you. Based on where they have their scopes mounted, if 340Boy, Tom264, or STA mounted that Zeiss on that M7, they'd mount it pretty close to where I did. It's where it needs to be, optically. Period.

I'm trying to be polite about this, but you guys are chasing a rainbow, here...

Anyway. Whatever. Art, you have had your fun, now go find someone else to try and bully. Hopefully for your sake someone who won't be so easily able to show you are talkin' out your butt <g>.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!