Thanks, Calvin! You've inadvertantly made my point for me.

You'll note, I POSTED the load, above, for which I was making a claim that some might see as extravagant at that time (~2650 fps with a 200 from a .358).

I didn't just throw out a fps, claim one cartridge was therefore better than another, then run away and refuse to post the particulars of my load.

Perfect illustration. Thanks again. You aren't the brightest candle on the cake, and that's OK. Helps me make my point. grin

I got some information from a longtime 'Fire member yesterday. He says that Stick runs Pac-Nor 3-groove barrels throated specifically for that bullet, that the load is single-loaded (IE, won't fit from the magazine), and that the load is massively "over book". And, that generally Big Stick (TryMe) overstates the fps he sees from his loads by 100-200 fps.

ALL of that is extremely pertinant to the actual topic of this thread, and TryMe's credibility.

I have no doubt TryMe has seen the number "2700" on a chrono from a 7-08 running the 162 Amax. What I DO doubt, and am seeking clarification on, are the particulars of the load. As my example above shows, this might very well be an arcane load, that won't run in factory rifles, of no practical interest to the vast majority of shooters, and as such, it's a poor choice to base an 80-page thread on... not to mention the kinds of insults and so on that spew forth from TryMe.

Those who are supporting TryMe in his quest to avoid substantiating his argument, represent an attempt to avoid an honest debate. Instead, they use a "philosophy" based on a cult of personality, dogpiling, rather vile and childish insults, and generally piss-poor behavior... INSTEAD of a reasonable exchange of ideas and information. They are pretty pathetic.

TryMe, post your load. The reasons you won't are obvious. Man up, and post the load you are pimpin'.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 04/29/09.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!