Wuz shooting a bunch this week.

I swapped the perfectly good Warne rings on my .338 to Talley's. In this case, the weight wasn't the reason... it was because it allowed me to move the scope 3/16ths closer to me <g>. And the Talleys were incrementally higher than the Warne's so I am now able to run Butler Creeks instead of a bikini cover. And, I like Talleys.

Anyway, shot the CRAP out of that rifle, my '06, my 300 WM, and my .358. Today was mostly field positions, out to 650 yards, with both turrets and reticles. Pushed 100 rounds total. Only stretched the .358 out to 450 yards, which is farther than I'd shoot at game anyway with it since it's down around 1500 fps at that range... but DAMN that thing was bustin' rocks! That is the M7 with the Zeiss 1.8-5.5 that got everyone all horned up.

Why do I report this, you ask? Simply because never once did I worry for a second about getting scope-bit. Not prone with a light .338... not UPHILL prone with a .338 or my .358, etc.

If any of you (other than SH or that punk Paul Walukewitz) are in the area, please accept my invitation to come shooting. We can do 100-yard, long range, whatever you'd like. I would welcome seeing in person how "your way" works for you, and I would like to show how my way works for me... since my way was so controversial and all that. This is a real invitation, and I'd be honored to shoot with most any of you.

SamOlson- hope you get better soon man. No beer... that ain't right! A man's gotta be pretty damn sick where he can't even drink.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!